Welcome to Rust Guide!
Rust Guide aims to be a thorough, detailed, and accurate source of information for players of the video game Rust.
This Web site is specific to the Experimental/Reboot version of Rust. Please visit Rust Guide Legacy for information on the Alpha/Legacy version of Rust.
Rust Development News
Only changes impacting gameplay listed here (see Release Notes for more info.)
- Wooden Door Key crafting time reduced to instant (from 1:00)
- Key Lock recipe changed to 100 Wood (from 10 Metal Fragments)
- Gunpowder: default Blueprint
- Hide Boots, Hide Pants, Hide Poncho, and Hide Vest: default Blueprint
- Repair Bench: default Blueprint
- Hunting Bow & Wooden Arrow: default Blueprint
- Radiation protection enabled
- Cold enabled; Clothing & Protection protects against cold
- Climates have different temperatures now
- Repair Bench
- Legacy map scaled to 5.4km (per side, from 8km)
- Lanterns can now be destroyed
- Increased shotgun damage (specifics unknown)
- Reduced ore cook times (specifics unknown)
- Hammer only swings once per button press
- Added hide boots/pants/poncho/vest
- Hydration drops at half the rate of calories
- Lessened the effects of hunger/thirst
- Item cost balances (specifics unknown)