Welcome to Rust Guide!
Rust Guide aims to be a thorough, detailed, and accurate source of information for players of the video game Rust.
This Web site is specific to the Experimental/Reboot version of Rust. Please visit Rust Guide Legacy for information on the Alpha/Legacy version of Rust.
Rust Development News
Only changes impacting gameplay listed here (see Release Notes for more info.)
- F2 Menu: Added audio and input (mouse) settings; Added FPS graph
- Dark skinned Player WIP
- Show main vitals in Inventory menu
- Visit Rustafied for images and a video of all the recent UI changes
- Inventory: slots reduced to 24 (from 32); middle-click & drag moves half of stack, right-click & drag moves one item
- Loot UI
- Chat UI: Steam avatars added
- Animals now only spawn in the temperate biome; Update: changes reverted
- In-game Player voice louder
- Blueprint/Craft UI
- Inventory: Selected item UI redesigned, changed to click (from hover)
- Skip Death screen on server join (unless Player actually died)